Senior Full Stack Developer
Nestled in the heart of the Niagara Region, ET Grow is a cloud based SAAS solutions company that provides seed to sale ERP solutions focused on agricultural markets. We aim to enhance and maintain a cooperative and professional environment where the growth of our employees, both personally and professionally, are integral components to us. ET Grow is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Senior Full Stack Developer to assist in the development and execution of software solutions designed to support the strategic direction of the company.
As a key member of the ET Grow team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Full Stack Developer will require the prospect to work in a team-based environment from initial development stages to final roll-out, with the mission of ET Grow as their main goal. The vision for this role is that the successful candidate will succession to become a leader of the development team to help further its growth. For more information on the solution itself, visit: www.etgrow.com.
Hours of Work:
Core Business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm (due to the nature of the business, you may be required to work outside of the core business hours from time to time)
To commensurate with qualifications and experience
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain ET Grow from planning to design, coding, testing and deployment
- Maintain a high standard of coding and adhere to ideal conventions
- Determine functionality that the application must support and develop requirements based on that criteria
- Program server-side functionality, develop in PHP, React, jQuery, and HTML
- Create databases, tables, views and queries in PostgreSQL
- Improve and maintain front-end and back-end functionality by writing efficient and technically sound code, identifying technical problems and glitches
- Test, track and resolve bug issues
- Assist in product support
- Grasp new techniques and technologies to improve the performance of our platforms
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively collaborate with a multi functional team
- Be willing to work in a research capacity – to find and test new frameworks and technologies
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or diploma/certificate in a related program/field
- 5+ years of experience in Web Development using PHP
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/LESS is required
- Robust knowledge of SQL database servers
- Ability to scope and estimate technical builds
- At least 1 portfolio project demonstrating the above skills is a requirement.
- Cloud service experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and all of its assorted tools
- React Native or Native Android and iOS experience is an asset
- Experience in an Agile environment is an asset
- A GitHub account is an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their full application outlining their qualifications and experience by email no later than Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 5:00pm EST to Human Resources at email@example.com
Applications for consideration must contain:
- Cover Letter
- Information on a past portfolio project demonstrating the qualifications required for this position and detailing;
- The role you played in the project
- Technologies used
- Sample code
- Other information you feel relevant to share
- Portfolio information can be detailed within the cover letter, included as a hyperlink to your personal portfolio website or attached as a PDF.
What We Offer:
- Group Benefits
- Paid time off
- Profit Sharing
- Company paid cell phone
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Remote work opportunities
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining the ET Grow Team, however, only those selected to advance to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. No phone calls please.
ET Grow is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment, providing accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity and provides accommodation throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance. All personal information is collected and used under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.